What is Invisalign & OrthoFX?
Invisalign and OrthoFX are an innovative new way to straighten teeth. It offers a great alternative to traditional teeth-straightening treatments like braces. This treatment involves wearing clear plastic aligners over your teeth to align them over time gently. The aligners are removable for easy eating and teeth cleaning, but you need to wear them for at least 20 hours per day for the best results. While you’re not eating or brushing your teeth, the Invisalign or OrthoFX aligners should remain in your mouth.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign or OrthoFX Over Braces?
More and more young adults are choosing Invisalign or OrthoFX thanks to its ease of use and comfortability. Invisalign or OrthoFX offer many benefits over traditional orthodontic approaches, like braces. These benefits include:
- Invisibility, so when people see you, they see your real teeth, not a mouthful of metal
- Comfort, because the smooth plastic reduces the risk of mouth irritation caused by sharp metal braces
- Convenience, because you can remove them quickly whenever you need to brush, floss, or eat
- Timing, because treatments work up to 50% faster than other orthodontic techniques
Am I a Good Candidate for Invisalign or OrthoFX?
Invisalign or OrthoFX can effectively fix mild to moderate dental misalignments, such as:
- Overcrowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Rotated teeth
- Relapse after braces
Our dentist may recommend an alternative treatment if you have major orthodontic and alignment issues. Book an appointment to get a consultation with Avalon Dental to find out if Invisalign or OrthoFX is right for you.
Our dentist will start by examining your teeth to check that clear aligners are the right choice for you. They might either make physical impressions of your teeth or create 3D images of them using a digital scanner. This helps us develop a precise treatment plan.
Then we customize clear, plastic aligners that fit your teeth. As you wear them, the aligners smoothly shift your teeth into perfect alignment. As your teeth begin to shift, new aligners may be made. This process repeats until your smile has its new shape.
Advantages over Traditional Braces
- Clear and invisible – no more wires and brackets
- Removable for Eating, Drinking and Flossing
- Smooth plastic – no cheek or gum irritation
- Straightens teeth in a comparable amount of time to traditional metal braces
- Helps with cases of gaps, overcrowding, crossbites, underbites, overbites